Saturday, January 5, 2013

Colored Tights - How to Wear 'Em?

Colored tights have been trending for a while - I believe Gossip Girl is to thank! While Leighton Meester looks absolutely stunning in colored tights, I personally have just worked up the confidence to wear this bold trend. I've started with grey and red (I'm in a red phase.) After buying my tights, I searched through my closet to find things that would go with them. And I must admit that I was at a loss. They're bold alone, so I didn't want something crazy. Here's what I came up with:

Red Tights:




-I paired my SUPER bold red tights with grey high waisted shorts, a white blouse , a silver belt, and black flats. This would also be cute with black heals, depending on where you're wearing this outfit.





-This second look is much less daring than the above outfit, but adorable nonetheless! I paired the red tights with a navy dress and gold flats. Definitely an easy look for school and a good choice for those still working up their confidence to wear red tights (like me!)


Grey Tights:




-Grey tights are definitely less bold than red, making them a good "gateway tight." I paired my grey tights with a fitted black dress and black suede booties. A simple, classic look.

Still not sure? Here's some tips:
-Like I said before, colored tights are bold, so keep the rest of your outfit neutral.
-Keep it simple (relating back to the boldness of colored tights).
-But, if you want to be bold, then by all means be bold!
-Most importantly, be confident! It's the key to looking fabulous in any outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment